Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What the week holds

This week is week 3 of my cycle. I work in 3 week cycles. Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday are my big weight days, Friday is my speed day and Saturday is Strongman/GPP.  Generally I structure the cycle in that the first week is a lighter week with 2 - 3 reps per set. Second week is 1-2 reps per set and week three is 1 rep per set This only for the 3 big lifts, Squats in some way, Benchpress in some way and Deadlift in some way. I have access to a full range of bands, chains, boards, mats, bars etc. I also have no problem getting into my gear.

My goals for this week are push as far as I can to see how much I have regained after having so much time off. As this is only week 3 I want to find out where I am. To that end I have set my goals at

Safety Bar Squats:                185kg + 90kg of band tension. (No# 1 (40kg) and 2 (50kg) bands)
I know the tension as I have measure them out 

Benchpress:                          220kg with the green band over my elbows
Similar to a Titan Ram or Slingshot

Deadlift:                               250kg of 2 mats (mats are 20mm thick)

The rest of the work sets are done more in a bodybuilding style with reps between 3 and 10 and sets of 3 or 4. During this week even these are done for maximum weight or pretty close to it. Next week I will be changing all the exercises and this will give me a good guide with how much weight to use over the next cycle as well as the new exercises keeping my mind fresh and looking forward to a new challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment